Fresh Fig Pie


Click here for recipe!

I baked a fresh fig pie. I feel all cozy now. Wait. What? It’s 100F right now and I’m baking a pie?

Well, hey, even though it’s still hot out here where I live. I can feel fall is right around the corner. The mornings are cooler now. Pumpkin spice is on its way....

So, yeah, I baked a pie. There was just way too many figs so I had to do something with them. Other than eat them alone. This year the fig tree yielded a crazy amount of figs. Or wait does this happen every year? Am I having a deja vu? I think I say this every year...

Anyway!

My pie came out quite rustic. Let’s not pretend to not notice. I had some pie crust issues. I’m not sure why. I use the same recipe all the time and it’s usually problem free. Oh well, it tastes good.

If you’re confused about fig pie well so was I. But I found this recipe on Pinterest and said, “I’m baking pie!”. I was craving pie so, of course. I just saw it and there was no second thinking, which is unusual. What I loved was that the recipe asks for two pounds of figs so it uses up A LOT of figs, which is just what I needed. There were figs in the counter and in the fridge, and some were getting too ripe. They were calling out desperately to be turned into a pie. Or wait, was that my voice? 

Delicious pie, indeed. Almost tastes like a fig newton cookie but so much better. The figs cooked so perfectly inside the crust. Umm yummm? You gotta try this recipe out! Try it a la mode with vanilla ice cream!! Try it warm. Try it for breakfast. Ok I’m gonna stop typing now.

Click here for recipe!


Please subscribe to my blog on top of the page!
Follow me on Instagram!
Follow me on my personal Instagram!
Follow my Facebook page.

Comments

Popular Posts