Cottage Cheese Pancakes


Click here for recipe!

I am back! Took a break. Needed it.

Inhale. Exhale.

Ok! Let's do this.

Am I still cooking all the recipes in the Everyday Food cookbook?

Ummmm...

Well.

Actually, I still have many recipes to post about.  Because I cook faster than I could post but...

But!

I don't know. I'm getting kind of tired of this cookbook. Is that normal?  I don't know but I think I'm taking a break from the cookbook for a while and maybe I'll do a recipe from the cookbook at least once a month? Maybe.

Personally, I just got bored. So much for the excitement when I first started the challenge to do all the recipes in a cookbook. Hahaha! Ha! But hey, eventually, I will get all the recipes checked off. But for now. I just want to explore other recipes, other cookbooks, or just recipes I find on Pinterest. Who knows! Maybe even create my own recipes too!

I think this recipe for cottage cheese pancakes is one of the recipes that made me say, "Ummm I think it's time to look for a new cookbook...!" LOL! I mean, they weren't bad. But they did look horrible. They were all puffy as they cooked. Seriously as they were cooking they looked fluffy and gorgeous pancakes. But then when I plated them they deflated and flattened like these miserable looking thingies.  I was mortified. Like, this can't be happening. I must hide them now.

(My choice of nonstick pan maybe also had something to do with it. Next time, always use a reliable nonstick pan, and even better a newer one.  Old nonstick pans are not a good idea. I also had the heat setting a little too high. Maybe it's best to start at a lower heat setting)

However, and I must emphasize that a little more. HOWEVER! The appearance of these miserable looking pancakes meant nothing in terms of flavor. They were actually good! They had good flavor, they were soft and had a pleasant texture. The only bad thing about them was their flatness and lack of fluffiness. But who cares! Taste is more important, isn't it?

So go ahead, try the recipe out for yourself. Maybe I was just having a bad hair day, anyway.

Also, before I end this post I must mention that I DO like this cookbook.  I've discovered some really delicious recipes. So I haven't given up on it completely just yet.  I will cook all the recipes from it... maybe not all this year but, eventually!

Click here for recipe!



Please subscribe to my blog on top of the page!
Follow me on Instagram!
Follow me on my personal Instagram!
Follow my Facebook page.


Comments

Popular Posts