Spaghetti with Creamy Walnut (no cooking required) Sauce



Click here for recipe!

Another recipe from Everyday Food cookbook.  This time I chose to make pasta for dinner. And wow, this recipe was so easy! The walnut sauce does not require any cooking. You just add walnuts, parsley, garlic, and cream (I used half a and half) to the food processor and purée. Then you cook the pasta as usual. That's it! Dinner is ready in just a few minutes. So easy!

Just don't forget to toast the walnuts in the oven first. Oops I forgot that!

The sauce was still good despite my forgetting to toast the walnuts first. It had a slight grittiness to it. It's almost like Parmesan cheese anyway. Hardly a big deal!

Another thing I must mention is that the sauce dried up pretty fast. The spaghetti absorbed it like a sponge. That means consume the pasta immediately.

Or...

Add more cream or half and half.

Or...

Everyone can reheat their own pasta individually in the microwave with an additional splash of cream. That's what I did.

The recipe asks for spinach linguine which I didn't find. But I found Ronzoni Garden Delight Veggie spaghetti , it had one serving of vegetables per portion, mostly spinach and zucchini. It tasted pretty much the same as regular pasta does.

I'm still curious what the sauce would have tasted like had I totasted the walnuts first.  Therefore I might make it again soon.

Click here for recipe!


Please subscribe to my blog on top of the page!
Follow me on Instagram!
Follow me on my personal Instagram!
Follow my Facebook page.



Comments

Popular Posts