Walnut & Dried Fruit Granola



Click here for recipe

The fourth recipe I decided to try from the Everyday Food cookbook is this granola recipe.  It's a super easy recipe. It would be impossible to mess this one up.

Except, that I kinda did.

It seems like I have been messing up on all recipes already...

So how did I go wrong with granola? Well, I toasted the granola more than I should have.  But even so, I still enjoyed it. Fortunately, I didn't burn it, just overtoasted it.

This granola recipe is different in that you use frozen apple juice concentrate which makes it healthier as it requires less oil and sugar.  Therefore, it's slightly sweet.  For dried fruit, you could any dried fruit you want. I added dried cranberries and coconut flakes.

Anyway, I mentioned in a previous post that I challenged myself to cutting back on sweets.  Currently, I'm only treating myself to sweets and desserts on weekends. That means Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Yes, all three days. I thought I could have just one dessert on one day out of the weekends days but I couldn't yet. I have to do this slowly.  I'll get there eventually!

But wait!

I've challenged myself once again!  On top of this sugar challenge I've added a new challenge for this month of February.  I'm cutting out processed foods. So for me that means heavily processed foods with weird ingredients. If the food item has 3-4 ingredients that I recognize then it's appropriate.  And well, having homemade granola has been absolutely helpful during these trying times.  It's not too sweet and it's made by me so it's just perfect.  And as I type, I'm running low so I have to make some more pronto!

There's just one thing I must not forget next time I make this. Don't overtoast it! Definitely don't do that next time. And don't get distracted doing something else.  Watch it carefully as it toasts in the oven. It really only takes a few minutes.

Ways that I eat granola:

•as a yogurt topping
•with milk
•mixed into peanut butter
•oatmeal topping
•on its own

Click here for recipe

Please subscribe to my blog on top of the page!
Follow me on Instagram!
Follow me on my personal Instagram!
Follow my Facebook page.



Comments

Popular Posts