I tried a new recipe every day for 30 days... ALMOST!



Last month (May) I started several 30 day challenges. But I think the most exciting one was this one. Trying a new recipe for 30 days.

I love cooking and baking so of course this was my favorite challenge, right?

My favorite recipe was the Impossible Pie. It was so amazing how it created its own layers, crust, custard, and the coconut layer on top. So cool. I’d heard of this recipe for so long but never got around to actually making it but this challenge definitely pushed me to try it.  (This challenge pushed me to try a lot of those kind of recipes (corn tortillas, saltine crackers, chickpea nuggets) When I made the impossible pie I was actually having one of those days where I didn’t have too much time or energy to make anything. Then I came across the recipe which sounded quick and easy. And it really was. Well except for the part where I had to figure out if it was done or not. It’s tricky with pies, I guess. Is it done? Jiggle? You can’t test it with a toothpick. Oh wait, I don’t even have toothpicks? Anyway, you CANT test it with a toothpick. It’s a pie…

Anyway, that was my favorite recipe.

My least favorite recipe was the skinny shake recipe that claimed to taste like a Wendy’s frosty.  Nuh-uh!  Maybe I didn’t make it correctly, I don’t know… but it was hard to finish. It wasn’t sweet. It had banana for sweetener. And that hardly sweetened it.  Ew.

There were ups and downs but overall I really enjoyed this challenge. I especially liked the recipes that were quick, easy, and required only the basic simple ingredients.  When I first came across this challenge (on Pinterest) I thought for sure this was gonna be costly but I was actually able to make this an inexpensive challenge. And some days I chose simpler recipes that were hardly even recipes…but they were! Like overnight oats and turmeric lattes. These were the days when I was too busy all day and had to squeeze in a recipe at last minute or whatever.

I also loved how every day there was always something to eat, to snack on, leftovers… it made meals more easy to put together and more interesting!  For example, having cilantro lemon vinaigrette in the refrigerator. I put it on all my meals! I may have gone slightly overboard with the breads. I made so many kinds of bread! They’re the easiest recipes, I guess. But… no complaints about it, really. I love bread.

So, did I actually complete the challenge successfully? Nope!

I only did 29 out of 30. I blame it on Mother’s Day. Sorry mom. That day I had to make blueberry sauce for the Mother’s Day waffle bar brunch.  Which didn’t count, it wasn’t a new recipe.  And when I got home I just crashed on my bed. Too tired! Can’t move.

So here’s the list of recipes I tried, along with their links.

homemade flour tortillas
easy snickerdoodle overnight oats
easy one bowl brownies
turmeric hot chocolate
skinny shake
saltine crackers
golden milk
birthday cupcakes (small batch)
vegan lentil tacos
cinnamon roll bread
easy homemade french bread
pb & j overnight oats
coffee cake banana bread
aloha pineapple chicken
impossible pie
vegetarian fajitas
easy brown sugar cookies
cinnamon quinoa breakfast bowl
cilantro lemon vinaigrette
vanilla syrup (starbucks copycat)
oatmeal banana muffins
very veggie lentil bake
chickpea shakshuka
rosebud’s butter-topped white bread
chickpea nuggets
easy coffee cake
3-ingredient corn tortillas
best ever chocolate mug cake
10 minute chia jam

Please subscribe to my blog on top of the page!
Follow me on Instagram!
Follow me on my personal Instagram!
Follow my Facebook page.


Comments

Popular Posts