Mango Banana Turmeric Smoothie Bowl



Today I’m sharing my favorite smoothie bowl. I made lots of smoothie bowls in July as part of my 30 day challenge to eat one raw meal a day. I wasn’t too sure if making a smoothie bowl was part of the plan but yeah, it was raw so I guess it was.

Of all of the smoothie bowls I made during that challenge —- this was was my favorite-est! I called it the Mango Banana Turmeric smoothie bowl. I’m sure creative with names aren’t I?

To make this smoothie make sure all your fruit is frozen.

To my food processor I added 1 ½ frozen bananas, ½ cup frozen mango, a few pinches of turmeric powder, and a few spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt. And pulse and pulse until it’s creamy and smoothie perfection.

Note the addition of vanilla yogurt. It’s sweetened, I know — but it’s organic. It’s the only yogurt I ever buy at Aldi so yeah, I’m addicted to it. It’s just too good, though.

Anyway, I think the sweetness and vanilla flavor of the yogurt combined with the spicy turmeric makes this smoothie so good, in my opinion.

Also, just add enough yogurt to make it creamy. You don’t want the smoothie to be too runny.

I also want to mention that only a few pinches of turmeric powder is needed. I really only added it to give the smoothie a more yellow color since there’s mango in it. Then I realized I liked the mild turmeric flavor so it became quite a neat discovery, I guess.

I feel like this is bad timing to post this summer-ish recipe. I mean, it’s now fall so you probably wouldn’t make this smoothie bowl anytime soon. I totally should have posted this like a long time ago. But then again some people eat ice cream when it’s winter so I guess it’s not that weird...

RECIPE: 

Mango Banana Turmeric Smoothie Bowl

INGREDIENTS:
• 1 ½ - 2 frozen banana
• 1/2 cup frozen mango
• few pinches of turmeric powder
• few spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt

INSTRUCTIONS:
• add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
• scoop onto your favorite bowl and top it with your favorite toppings.



Please subscribe to my blog on top of the page!
Follow me on Instagram!
Follow me on my personal Instagram!
Follow my Facebook page.

Comments

Popular Posts